This delicious family recipe is the perfect no-fuss dish to bring along to a BBQ with friends, to ‘wow’ your date with or to share with your loved ones at home. My Nana Evelyn’s Apricot Cheesecake recipe is an easy dessert to whip together, requires no oven baking (perfect for those hot Queensland days) and is absolutely scrumptious, every time!
Hot Tip: This apricot cheesecake recipe is best made the night before serving, so as to let it cool and the cheesecake to settle.
140g Plain Sweet Biscuits (Marie), ground up
70g Melted Butter
470g Can Apricot Nectar
1 tbsp Gelatin
375g Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice (preferably fresh lemon)
1 cup Cream (whipped)
1 tbsp Sugar
3 tsp Corn Flour
2 tsp Rum
- Combine base ingredients. Mix well. Spread over bottom of 8″ springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Measure 1 cup apricot nectar from can. Reserve remaining for topping. Pour nectar into saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over.
- Place over low heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Allow to thicken slightly and cool slightly.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add lemon juice. Beat in apricot mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place 1 tbsp sugar and 3 tsp Corn Flour in saucepan. Gradually stir in remaining (reserved) apricot nectar. Bring to a boil while STIRRING CONSTANTLY. Remove from heat. Add 2 tsp Rum. Stir to cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Chill. Enjoy!
Hot Tip: You can use the apricot halves from your can of nectar to decorate the top.
We promise anyone that tries this fresh tasting dessert, both young and old, will adore its flavours. Not too sweet, but the perfect accompaniment to any occasion. I guarantee your friends will love it, your date will be rightly impressed and your family will demand more!